LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

WiFi timers/ smart plugs.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Maxnez, Jan 9, 2023.

Share This Page

1. Maxnez

Maxnez New Member

Curious as to what you all are using as far as timers or smart plugs that can be set and controlled through WiFi. I’ve been installing the unique light logic system on most of mine for those that request it, been very reliable but is pricey and the app isn’t the greatest. I’ve been skeptical of cheaper smart plugs just do to WiFi connectivity issues and not wanting call backs every time it drops the signal.

Mesodude2 likes this.
  2. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Active Member

I power my transformer with an Innr plug connected to a Phillips Hue hub. I didn't want to replace the transformer plug with a 90 degree plug (and void the warranty?) so installed the smart plug in a jumbo outdoor in-use box. The nice thing about this set up is the Hue app has a programmable dusk to dawn on-off cycle. All of my exterior lights, Volt and Hue, are programmed to come on 30 minutes after sunset and turn off 30 minutes before sunrise. I have been using the Innr plugs for 3 years now without any issues, except for the one that failed when a nearby lightning strike took out the plug and 3 of my Volt MR16 light bulbs. Bob

Mesodude2 likes this.