LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Wide angle flood lights for fig tree?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by BobStrauss, Jul 25, 2021.

Share This Page

1. BobStrauss

BobStrauss New Member

ABF53F60-B899-45DA-AC6D-0C581CC6A85C.jpeg Any ideas on how to best light a fig tree (see photo on left) with a low canopy? I tried using a couple directional up lights but it seems kinda unbalanced without the right side branches leaning over the lawn lit up. Would a flood light or two in the groundcover underneath it work best?

This is my first ever install, so thanks for any advice or other unrelated suggestions you might have.

Evan K and Mesodude2 like this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

3. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Looking good, Bob. More info needed. What beam spreads are you using in your spots? Perhaps wider ones would work? And are you set on uplighting the tree?If not, it looks like you have room enough in that bed to bring the fixtures outside of the canopy and light the foliage that way. If you absolutely want to uplight, you could also add a third spot and try to even things out that way. Btw, if your spotlights have removable glare guards, you’ve essentially already got flood lights. IOW, that is is a good way to get a sense of the effect floodlights would have. HTH.

BobStrauss and Evan K like this.
  4. BobStrauss

BobStrauss New Member

Thanks for the advice, that helps a lot! Original beam spreads were 45 degrees but I took your advice and took off the glare guards. Liked that and decided on floods.

Mesodude2 likes this.