LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Using DBRY slicing twice?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Eric, Aug 1, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I want to slice one run using DBRY and then I want to slice one of the new runs again using DBRY. What is advantage or rather disadvantage of this if any. Additional voltage drop?
    I am also considering using Pro Junction Hub in place of DBRY. I think this may be done too, correct?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

As long as you're not splicing directly into the lead wires of fixtures or greatly exceeding the recommended 8-10 fixtures or 80W (whichever comes first) per run recommendation, you should not experience any dissipation in voltage. Additional voltage taps are provided within most of our transformers for bumping up the voltage if needed as well. HUBs are arguably the most convenient way of expanding/adding runs; I would definitely recommend using one if possible.

3. Eric

Eric New Member

Thanks Evan. I started to install my system and I can't even describe how easy it is to use the pro junction hub as well as the connectors. I miscalculated a few things so it will take a few more days to finish the project but reading the forum was soooo helpful.

Evan K likes this.
  4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Awesome! Glad you were able to get started on your project. We also have a brand new DIY Facebook group if you ever wanted to peek around in there (the link is pinned at the top of the forums).

Share some photos with us in our photo gallery once you have it all done; we love to see all of the beautiful designs we can. Our Summer Photo Contest is open as well!