LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Transformer causing flicker on timer

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by MB12, May 28, 2020.

Share This Page

1. MB12

MB12 New Member

I have a lighting kit (the special model offered from Costco). It has been working fine for the last 2 months, but suddenly started flickering a few days ago. It is not due to dusk, as it is happening at the darkest times of night and only happens when I use one of the timer settings (Auto, 2hr, 4hr, etc.). If I set it to ON, it stays on with no flicker.

Could it be a dirty or broken photocell? If not, any other ideas?

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Not sure why that would suddenly begin to occur but I strongly recommend you contact VOLT customer support for some real-time troubleshooting advice, MB12.

3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

From what you have described with the unit having previously operating as expected and no changes in the location of the transformer, the timer/photocell may need to be inspected and possibly repaired/replace.

If you give our customer support a call directly, we will be happy to help troubleshoot further if needed and get you taken care of with any needed replacements. The number you can reach us at is 813-978-3700