LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Suggestions for lighting house

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by PAUL SINA, Mar 29, 2019.

Share This Page

1. PAUL SINA

PAUL SINA New Member

Evan,

You have provided great feedback to others in this forum and I was hoping you could provide some suggestions for my house too. I plan to put spot lights on the two trees in front yard and I'd like to light the columns by the front door. I'm not sure how to light the rest of the house, especially the large vertical stone wall next to the front door. I am open to lighting the upper portion of the house but I want to stay away from down lighting to do that.

I appreciate the help. 20190328-50.jpg

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Paul,

I would be happy to provide some general recommendations. For uplighting your house, I would recommend to also use spotlights. To get some light on the second story, you could use gutter mounts to mount the spotlights.

Column lights are typically pre-planned for when it comes to paver/concrete settings but, one option would be to use some surface mounts to mount spotlights on either the shelves or directly on the concrete floor. A good low-profile spotlight for this would be the All-Star Mini. If you think mounting the fixtures like this may not work, some low-profile alternatives would be to mount either puck lights or 6-12" hardscape lights on the soffit to provide downlighting on each column; I know you said you would rather stay away from downlighting but, it may be easier to hide wires and fixtures this way, given your layout.

If you had any specific questions about fixtures, don't hesitate to shoot me another message or give us a call!

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      852.7 KB
      Views:
  3. PAUL SINA

PAUL SINA New Member

Evan,

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered a number for lights to supplement the starter kit I purchased from CostCo. I can't wait to get everything installed.

Paul

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Awesome! Be sure to check back in and let us know how everything turns out!