LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Sharing Lighting Projects Truly Inspires!

Discussion in 'Share Your Landscape Lighting Projects' started by administrator, Dec 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Having just launched this forum, we don't yet have posts from our many satisfied customers. So I'll start with a few notes.

In my work with some of the industry's best pros, I've visited their job sites and taken some truly outstanding photos. You'll see many of them in the VOLT Design Gallery. You'll also see many photos from determined do-it-yourselfers that are quite inspiring. We welcome project photos from all.

To best capture your lighting scenes, here's a few tips:
    • It's really hard to capture good nighttime photos with your phone or tablet, but if that's all you have, then consider getting a tripod or monopod to keep your phone steady - or prop your phone on a wall or car. Be sure to turn off the flash.
    • A better choice would be a digital camera with manual settings. Again, use a tripod, turn off the flash, and experiment with long exposures. After each photo, check the preview screen then make adjustments for the next photo.
    Have fun with your lighting projects - we can't wait to see the photos!

Sparrott4 likes this.
  2. WheatonRon

WheatonRon New Member

I have a yard that was designed around Volt fixtures that I implemented two years ago with the help of my landscaper. The quality of the Volt fixtures is outstanding. I probably have about 25 of them (Infiniti 40 and 60 G2 plus mushroom path lights) in my yard. The lights are used to highlight tall trees and a pathway from the front to the backyard. Shortly after installation, one of the Infiniti 40 lights leaked and Volt promptly issued me a replacement. I have two transformers that are controlled by a timer--on at dusk and off at my time of choosing, 10:30pm in my case. The timers work great and have a battery for a backup in the event of power loss (last week in my scenario!). The timers I purchased at Home Depot but are the same ones sold by Volt (Intermatic Astronomic Digital Timer)-just considerably less expensive. My only complaint is the large size of the 600 watt transformer--not exactly small to say the least and my wife tries to hide the transformer so folks can't see it, at least the one on the patio. The quality of the light fixtures is second to none. My plan required adding extenders (so the lights could be above low level landscaping), including some that are telescoping, and they work great and look great (i.e., inconspicuous). The cost of my system that I purchased from Volt was about $2,500, well worth it if you want quality and lights that don't look tacky (i.e., cheap)!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  3. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Wow, very inspiring and beautiful!

Thanks!

4. Oakcrest

Oakcrest New Member

I just joined the forum and have installed Volt lighting in my home and at a friends home. Both locations are simple designs but the results are outstanding in my opinion. I have attached a few photos of both installations. In one I used 9 bull lights. The other were a combination of bull, spot, and path lights.

5. Oakcrest

Oakcrest New Member

I got message "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process." so I was unable to upload the photos.

6. Orcrone

Orcrone New Member

There is a file size limit of 1 Megabyte per photo. Also a limit of 10 photos per post.

7. Tinwhistleselectric

Tinwhistleselectric New Member

21685915_1871694823147486_3515439218089529396_n.jpg

Another quality installation here in Pinehurst, NC! Love these Volt products - great quality and wonderful customer service. Tin Whistles Electric encourages customers to use Volt lighting products for their durability, quality, selection, and fast & reliable customer service. Best on the market!

8. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Beautiful work, thanks for posting.

9. Geoff Grant

Geoff Grant New Member

6428CBDA-D3CE-453C-9324-622C42F5D643.jpeg Ornamental pear tree in full bloom. Love the way the light catches the flowers at night - uplighting on the trunk and downlighting up in the branches. View attachment 541

Evan K likes this.
  10. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Beautiful @Geoff Grant ! I bet it looks surreal in person.