LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Sealing Junction Hub

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Mutchinator, Jun 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Mutchinator

Mutchinator New Member

Hi - I am wrapping up an install around pool using multizone for accent and functional lighting. Using Junction Hubs I noticed the grommets for the cable entries are not really sealed. Is there any need to throw some caulk around each hole to seal if from moisture and bugs?

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

I’d be less concerned about moisture than insects. I’ve had ants use one of my hubs as a convention center and I’ve planned to seal around the wires with plumber’s putty or waterproof caulk. Although I can’t imagine what harm it could do, I’d check with VOLT first to make sure there are no dangers or warranty issues.

3. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

I found an old video demo of the now discontinued cylindrical pro junction hub. It seems that the plug in the base are supposed to remain in place but wiring is supposed to pierce the thin rubber membrane of the plugs and surround the wire (to keep out moisture and bugs). The new model is way lower profile and designed very differently.