LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Pool Lighting Ideas

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Paul_DE, Oct 19, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Paul_DE

Paul_DE New Member

We moved into our house a few years ago and have been gradually replacing all existing lights with volt products. We recently had a pool put in and to save money I used the decommissioned path lights around it. Unfortunately, I'm not overly satisfied with the results. The pool deck is rather dark with a small amount of light around the outside edge of the pavers. Not sure how I can improve without downlighting. However, I don't have anything to mount floods to. I would prefer to not have random posts all around the pool area with floods pointing down. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi Paul. I think one or more of the well light models shown in the attached screenshot should suit your needs. One approach would be to uplight the small shrubs along the perimeter of the pool with a well light like the grated salty dog. In essence, the illuminated shrubs themselves would become indirect light sources. I think these would work best where the pool deck is narrower and higher profile fixtures could present more of a trip hazard. Where the deck is wider (where the chairs are, for instance) and you want to throw light directly onto the deck, I think the turreted or beacon style fixtures would work well. Also, you might want to add a path light near the beginning of the paths just outside the gates. Hope this helps to get you started.
    Well Lights In-Ground LED Lighting  VOLT® Lighting.png

3. Cooper

Cooper New Member

You can take a look at these outdoor lighting, which are really of top quality. I have some of them in my garden and I am very pleased, they light up perfectly. They also would also fit perfectly next to your pool, there are many models to choose from.