LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Ordering Optics

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by datcope, Mar 13, 2019.

Share This Page

1. datcope

datcope New Member

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey datcope,

We do indeed still offer optics for the Infiniti 60 G3 but due to a small oversight on our part, they are not currently listed for individual sale on the website. We are in the process of getting the optics listed ASAP. I will make sure to get back with you as soon as they are available!

3. datcope

datcope New Member

Thanks Evan. After reading one of your earlier posts, I am wanting to experiment with moving the G3's closer to the house (they are currently 24" from the foundation) while reducing the beam spread from the pre-installed 60°.

4. Evan K

Hey there datcope,

The 12, 24, and 35-degree optics are now available for the G3s. If you visit the LENSES, FILTERS & OPTICS page and scroll down to the bottom, you should see them listed there.

Let me know how the narrower spreads work out for your design!

5. datcope

datcope New Member

Thanks Evan! The optics shipped out today.

Evan K likes this.
  6. JEM

JEM New Member

Is there some place on the website where it clearly spells out which optics are compatible with which fixtures? It seems mildly unlikely that there is universal compatibilities between the different fixture designs, and the information surrounding the optics is so minimal as to make it useless to determine which optics may be used with which fixtures. If universal compatibility is indeed what is provided, is there a reason this isn't stated?

I see above that one particular question regarding one particular model is answered above, but even then it seems that there is a mysterious lack of information on the LENSES, FILTERS AND OPTICS page for any filters *besides* color filters regarding which fixtures are compatible with which optics.

Is there a reason that this information is kept hidden?

7. Evan K

Hey Jem,

After adding a fixture to your online shopping cart, you will be presented with options for 'Additional Optics' if they are available for that style of fixture. Any of the optics on this list will work with the fixture being added to your cart.

On the individual optics pages, you will see descriptions for the fixtures which the optic will work with. Also, any lens that simply says MR16 or PAR36 essentially means that it will fit on most fixtures of that bulb style.

8. JEM

JEM New Member

So you are saying that for me to find out which fixtures would accept optics, I have to go through each possibility, add it to the on line shopping cart, and then look to see whether of not that fixture has optics options available?

There is no list that I can go to that lists the fixtures that offer one or more optics options?

I'm not sure I understand why anyone would want a customer to go through the frustration of selecting fixture after fixture, one by one, simply to look at the available options to know the subset of fixtures that fit within the design requirements and which fixtures do not - when a simple list would make that process quick and efficient rather than tedious and frustratingly slow.

9. JEM

JEM New Member

Perhaps a simpler question:

Which down lights are compatible with a lens that offers < 30 deg beam width?

10. Evan K

Apologies for any confusion. Only integrated fixtures in general will accept optics, and only certain integrated fixtures will utilize optics. While lamp-ready fixtures also offer adjustable beam spreads, the spreads are adjusted by the bulbs being used in the fixtures; not an optic. So, the best way to determine if an integrated fixture has interchangeable optics would indeed be to visit the specific page of the fixture you are interested in and get a complete list of all of the optics compatible with that light. Or, if you were looking at a specific optic, the optic page will also list which fixture(s) the lens is designed to be used with. You can also apply filters to the online menu so that only fixtures with 'Interchangeable Optics' will appear in the catalog.

Lamp-ready downlights that could offer you a < 30-degree beam spread are the Top Dog, All-Star Tommy Light, and the All-Star Downlight. The integrated Woodsman II downlight offers a 35-degree spread option.