LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

on switch won't stay on.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Pryor, May 2, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Pryor

Pryor New Member

I just finished wiring my lights, 5 LED Fat Boy spots, and 1G4 Infinity 60 into the slim line 100 watt transformer. I used 2 of the Pro Macro Junction burial boxes as well. This led to 2 main wires coming into the transformer. when I plug everything in though the built in fuse in the one switch pops. I have no idea why. they only way i could get it to work was when I plugged in a single fat boy spot. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Pryor,

You are certainly within the recommended operating range load wise so, it sounds as though the transformer is tripping due to a connection point. It is essentially tripping to protect itself and the fixtures as it is designed to do. The source may be a loose wire connection, damaged cable, or a fixture. The best way to tell would be to double check all of your wire connections and cable, if those all check out, then I would recommend testing each of the fixtures directly at the transformer (like you did with the one fat boy). This process of elimination should lead you right to the culprit!