LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Need some guidelines on wiring lamps on Pavilion posts.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Joe Noonan, Dec 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Joe Noonan

Joe Noonan New Member

I am lighting a Pavilion in my back yard. Each post is covered with 1 X 8 Redwood, and I plan to use up/down sconce. I need some ideas on running the wires for these lights. Either let them (wires) show or ?. Also, if I put sconce's on opposite sides of post, can i wire through both lights and then to transformer or hub? Thanks for any assistance.

2. TwilightHilights

TwilightHilights New Member

You could get a long wood auger bit and core through the center and out the bottom, but most people I have seen will staple the wires down on the backside of the posts and it doesn't look bad. You'd just drill a hole straight through where you plan to install. You can absolutely connect multiple fixtures and run one wire back to the transformer. Look at the Ace Connectors these guys carry so that you don't have a bunch of connectors hanging everywhere. Get the medium sized ones so you can fit multiple wires.

Volt's website has a help section on it for DIY guys that teaches you how to make different wire connections. There might even be youtube videos on their site too. I haven't looked far enough into it, but if you need help in how to do it just give them a call. Their customer service is top notch.

3. Joe Noonan

Joe Noonan New Member

4. Joe Noonan

Joe Noonan New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into drilling the hole.