LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Need help, suggestion for new house lighting

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by CAPTZ, Oct 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. CAPTZ

CAPTZ New Member

Hi, I need a recommendation. Id like to illuminate my 30 foot flag pole and Flag, while also illuminating the four "islands", "Clumps?" of palm trees/bushes. Is there a kit that I could order or customize? I also want to illuminate my back yard palm trees (the trees against the wall), and the clump of four palms around my firepit area. Any suggestions on what I need? Thanks!! front lights.jpg IMG_0113.jpg IMG_0114.jpg

2. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Hi, thanks for your questions.

Please check out this article on flag lighting. It includes instructions on putting together a kit - customized to the dimensions of your flagpole and flag.

Regarding palm trees, it's best to use two spotlights per tree. I suggest positioning them at 1/3 and 2/3 positions around the tree - leaving one side dark for contrast. Use the same relative fixture positions for all trees on the property so the lighting is consistent across the scene.

For the taller trees, I suggest using All-Star MR16 spotlights with 7W 38º 2700K LED lamps. For medium height trees, I suggest 5W 38º 2700K lamps.

Have fun!

3. CAPTZ

CAPTZ New Member

So Cool! Thank You!