LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Mini Round Opaque/Frosted Lens replacement?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by R.O.C, Mar 16, 2024.

Share This Page

1. R.O.C

R.O.C New Member

I just bought 12 MiniRound Brass Flood Light & Wall Wash flood lights for my backyard clusia hedge. I have the 4 watt (35watt equivalent) bulb. As it turns out, they are a little too dim for our taste. If, however I remove the opaque or frosted lens, then the brightness is just right. I was wondering if there is a replacement lens for this flood light that is not frosted or opaque? In other words, is there a clear or transparent lens replacement?

2. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Active Member

I have the older version of this light. The frosted lens is to diffuse the light as a flood rather than a spot. I'm not a Volt sales rep, but I'm guessing a clear lens option is not available and trying to replace your existing lenses with something else would void the warranty. You might get more lumens by switching the mainline to the 15V tap on your transformer. If that is still inadequate, there is the option of aftermarket G4 bulbs from an online bulb supplier. My experience is that they are not as reliable as the Volt supplied bulbs, so if you go that route, buy extras. They are usually cheaper, but then, you get what you pay for. And definately stay away from the "cheaper by the dozen" Amazon supplied bulbs; they are mostly on the low end of the market. Bob

3. R.O.C

R.O.C New Member

Hi, and thanks for your response. I called Volt and you are correct: there is no way to replace the frosted lens for a transparent one. I followed your advice and switched the connection to the 15V and they are brighter. Thank you for this suggestion! Rick