LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

lights Do Not stayed turned off

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by DrA, Oct 17, 2019.

Share This Page

1. DrA

DrA New Member

I set the timer for 4hrs and the lights do go off at the right time BUT 20 minutes later (i've checked this multiple nights now) they turn back on and seem to stay on for several more hours. any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Mesodude

Mesodude Member

Hi, DrA

Which model timer do you have? Is it the type that allows you to program several different on/off events at one time or is it a simpler timer? Thanks.

3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

It sounds like you have the timer photocell combo based on the 4hr timer setting you mentioned. The only thing that would cause the system to recycle such as this would be an ambient light source tricking the photocell device into thinking that daylight had occurred again. Basically, the light source shines bright enough to faintly represent sunlight and then it is either impeded or shuts off itself and then the system assumes it is night again and begins another timed cycle. I would recommend looking around the vicinity of the transformer to check and see if there are any ambient light sources.