LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting works fine one day but not the next.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Mark Cybowski, Sep 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mark Cybowski

Mark Cybowski New Member

I recently installed a lighting system that I purchased at Costco. Initially everything worked fine and looks awesome. The issue I am having is that the system will work fine one day turning on at dusk and off at dawn. The very next day the system did not turn on. The next day it turned on and off as programmed. The next day it did not turn on again. I checked all the connections and everything seems to be right. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix the issue?

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hello Mark,

Based on what you have described, the issue that you are having with your system sounds like it is related to the timer device. This device may be malfunctioning due to the presence of ambient light in the vicinity of the photosensor. For best practice, be sure that your transformer is located in an area that receives moderate sunlight during the day and uninterrupted darkness at night. Also, check if any fixture may be pointed directly at the transformer; this would also disrupt the timer device.

Should you require assistance with troubleshooting your device, our live support team can be reached 7-days a week at 813-978-3700!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  3. Mark Cybowski

Mark Cybowski New Member

Evan,

I moved the Low Voltage Transformer about 18" farther away from the closest ambient light source and that seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help!

Mark

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Awesome!

It is always my pleasure!