LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting Probs

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Kurt A, Apr 1, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Kurt A

Kurt A New Member

I have about 8 Volt LEDs lighting the front of my house. Ive been very happy. Everythings been great for about a year. Had to replace a couple of bulbs but overall happy. Last night I noticed I had two or three uplights that are dim. Some of my path lights are completely out. I replaced the bulbs with new Volt bulbs. Still dim. I replaced the transformer with a new one. Didnt fix it. How could it be fine for a year and then this? Would the lights that ate out cause a low voltage issue? Im lost. Help!

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Kurt,

I would like to apologize for any troubles that you have recently been experiencing and would be happy to help troubleshoot! From what you have explained, my next guess would be to investigate one of the fixtures by testing it directly at the transformer with one of the newer bulbs. Using one of the fixture's lead wires, power the light directly at the unit and if it does not appear dim with the new bulb this would tell us that the outlet has the proper current, that the transformer and fixtures are working, and that the issue is more than likely related to a damaged wire or wire connection. If you have a run of path lights that remain unlit regardless of changing the bulbs and transformer, this is also another sign that your wire may be damaged somewhere along the line or a connection may be loose.