LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting my house

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Heyward, Nov 28, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Heyward

Heyward New Member

I would like to light the front of my house to achieve a look like the photo. in the attached document. The document shows a plan with the fixtures and bulbs I'm planning to use, and also a picture of my house. I am thinking about uplighting the house with 4 3W, 38 degree 2700 K spotlights positioned on the corners of the house and next to the front porch. For depth, I'm thinking about lighting 4 small/mendium trees--between the house and the street--with in-grade well lights, also with 3W, 38 degree 2700 K bulbs. Any help you can offer win front of theould be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Sounds like you have a great plan in plan - excellent diagram and placement!

The only thing I might recommend considering is applying uplighting to the dormers as well. In the initial reference photo you posted, the interior lights are on within the 2nd story dormers potentially hiding the fact that that upper area may look a tad bit dark in comparison with the rest of the home.

We have solid brass gutter mounts for this exact application - Gutter Mount Kit Brass

I'd recommend considering a compact spotlight as well - more low-profile design with subtle illumination to accent the dormers;
    Integration option (built in LED) - Atom Mini Integrated LED Brass Spotlight
    Lamp-ready option (replaceable LED bulb) - Spark Mini Brass Spotlight

upload_2021-12-1_9-58-7.png
    *Essentially, this is what the end result could look like. Personally, I'd like a bit less illumination on the actual roof myself (which would simply be adjusting the knuckle of the spotlight to aim higher up) - the main point is to highlight the architecture rather than the texture of the roof.

upload_2021-12-1_10-1-23.png upload_2021-12-1_10-1-40.png upload_2021-12-1_10-2-21.png

If you don't already have all of your fixtures selected, I'd be happy to make recommendations for spotlights and well lights as well!