LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting ideas

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by RobS, Dec 1, 2019.

Share This Page

1. RobS

RobS New Member

Looking for placement ideas on our new home. Thinking I want to use 3-4 path lights and 4-6 spot/flood lights.

Attached Files:

Mesodude2 likes this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, RobS. Lovely home you have there. I diagrammed a photo indicating places where I might place spot lights and path lights. Since I can't see the contours of the walkway in front of your house, I just took my best guess as to the ideal location for path lights. I'm happy to give more thoughtful input if you want to post a photo from a different perspective. If you haven't firmly made up your mind, I hope you'll also consider instead installing downlights (puck lights) in your soffits (see second photo). You've got the infrastructure for it, they are up off the ground and out of your way but still low enough (on the first level, anyway) to easily clean and otherwise maintain, and they simultaneously illuminate the house and provide area lighting for the walkways and planting areas closest to your house (possibly even eliminating the need for path lights). Hope my suggestions are useful.

Attached Files:

3. RobS

RobS New Member

Thanks for the quick response! I like both ideas. I will post a picture with better contour so you can get a better idea.

Attached Files: