LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting Ideas- Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jordy, Oct 17, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Jordy

Jordy New Member

Hi, I am looking to add lighting to the front of my home.
    Specifically:

1. Lights directly under or on the sides of windows and corners. Thinking of well lights but looking for suggestions Question is do you advise them under the windows on the edges?
    2. Large cedar in front. What is the best way to highlight this feature? Should it be canopy focused from underneath with spot or flood? If so what light? Maybe from 10-2 angle? If not underneath what other options?
    3. Walkway lighting will replace the old ones. Liking the new bollard lights but not sure if one will be enough for the pathway/driveway area.
    Thanks for the advice! sml_1178.jpg sml_1779.jpg sml_1779.jpg sml_1178.jpg sml_1178.jpg

Attached Files:

2. TwilightHilights

TwilightHilights New Member

I'd definitely light up the sides of the windows as opposed to directly under them. Point a narrow beam spread up washing the corners so that you don't get a lot of excess light inside the windows at night. Glare guards are your friends in this instance so I'd go with all star spotlights instead of well lights.

2. For that tree you're really going to want several fixtures underneath and throughout the tree. That's a tough one. Well Lights with flood lamps would be good here for the uplighting portion on the ground. At least three or four of them.

3. Check out their new shadow master lights. They put out a pattern like the bollards, but with a much wider beam spread. You could probably use two on either side of the walkway entrance there.