LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Infinity G3 vs G4

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Txanm, Jun 12, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Txanm

Txanm New Member

I have about 30 G3 Infinity lights in my yard, various sizes and came here to purchase some additional units for adding to the lighting around larger trees. I see one G3 unit still available but see the new G4 series. Is there a difference between the two as the old units had multiple LED’s and the new units have a single LED. Is there a better lamp to use? I have both large canopy trees and large pine trees I am illuminating.

2. Txanm

Txanm New Member

7C2E0CF8-DDD1-4E01-A233-451F1C9B1628.jpeg

3. Txanm

Txanm New Member

It’s a little hard to see but this is the front yard and the current lighting.

4. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Txanm. Fellow lighting enthusiast here. It looks like they are only offering the one G3 fixture now. You’ll notice that it’s the brightest of all the Infiniti fixtures. With its multiple LEDs, it creates different shadows than the single source fixtures do. But IMO, the difference will be less noticeable when lighting plant material as opposed to when the light is projected onto architecture or other solid or plain surfaces. So if you don’t need anything brighter than the G4 60, the difference is moot. Hope that helps.