LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

How to install Coachman post light

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Eric, Jun 5, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I have 2 post lights with 12" extensions but I'm a little skeptical on installing them using the stakes. The ground in the area is very stony and I'm afraid it will not be secured enough. I heard some people used 2x4 to install them. Can anyone give more details on how to do it?

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Eric,

The 13" stake we provide with the Coachman has been tested with the fixture and an extension riser; it is quite sturdy when installed properly. Of course, every job is different and I completely understand why you may be worried about having a looser soil. Our main recommendation for ground staking any fixture is to start by compacting the ground soil as best as possible and remove/avoid any debris or tree roots that would interfere with the stake being inserted. I also have heard of some scenarios where a homeowner's soil was just too loose and some different methods have been used. Either a bit of cement around the stake, inserting the fixture itself and the stake slightly further into the ground, or anchoring the fixture by mounting it to a piece of wood buried in the soil.

3. Eric

Eric New Member

Thanks Evan. I will try to dig a larger hole and compact some dirt before installing the pole.

Evan K likes this.