LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Help with wiring method please!

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by E G, Aug 24, 2022.

Share This Page

1. E G

E G New Member

586C5CF6-EA95-4A8E-977D-15844706D3C0.jpeg Hello !

i am going to divide this post in three posts so hopefully, it will be more clear.

The Run in the picture have 10 lights that are 9 ft apart that I plan on connecting in a daisy chain. I did buy 14 gauge wire but I am wondering if it is worth cutting the wire on the fixture short (let’s say 1 ft) and add a 14 gauge wire that would be about 8/9 ft. I don’t mind the extra labour since I am doing it but it adds connection points and therefore potential point of failure.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  2. E G

E G New Member

274E588F-2B1D-4783-9319-BD55F163D7CF.jpeg On this run, I will mount 7 cast brass deck fixtures on the posts. They are about 7 ft apart. Same question, can I connect them together or should I add a 14 gauge wire in between?

3. E G

E G New Member

BB480BD2-F261-42B9-836F-8C34E13D3181.jpeg Lastly, I am going to install a hub ( most likely next to the AC unit) and connect 3 path lights and 2 G2 spot light. They are very close together. Again, should I use 14 gauge wire between the lights fixtures and the hub?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4. Dirk Yamamoto

Dirk Yamamoto New Member

Pool deck path lights: Nice pool deck... I'd run your 14-gauge homerun from the transformer and past each fixture for a daisy chain design. Leave some slack at each fixture to make connections easier. 4' leads on your path lights would be plenty...I usually trim those even shorter to leave only ~1'-2' of slack for repositioning. I use a pair of Pro Nano-Junction 3-Way connectors at each fixture. Pretty straight forward approach.

Fence posts: I'd also consider this a daisy chain and not a hub approach.

AC unit: Looks like you ran PVC under the stone walkway already? Nice! You could use a hub design if you had purchased the 25' leads; else, I'd use a daisy chain design.