LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Everything went out.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Chris L, Oct 2, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Chris L

Chris L New Member

I replaced a burnt out bulb and the new one did not light up. I then replaced the wire and connector to the main wirer (12 gauge?) and the other 4 lights on the string went out. The timer on the transformer is working but nothing lights up. Did I short a wire, burn out the main line, or blow the transformer? My system was "professionally" installed a few years ago but reaching them for service has proved impossible. Should I buy a new transformer and wire (12 gauge and start over?

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Chris,

Which transformer and timer are you using?

Is the transformer receiving power from outlet, but tripping the internal circuit break when you attempt to turn the low-voltage system on?

I can help recommend some troubleshooting steps before trying to return/replace the transformer - our transformers are built & tested to rigorous standards; when we do rarely receive returns for them they are most often still operational units.

It sounds like there may be a connection issue on the one run you mentioned; potentially a connection issue within a fixture causing the system to trip & shut off.