LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Design help please - tall narrow trees

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jono, Feb 11, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Jono

Jono New Member

I have volt products at my home and have been impressed. Now I am on our community HOA board and we need to update our front entrance lighting because the existing in ground cans have all shifted, are now too close to the trees they are trying to uplight and/or shrubs have grown over the can lights. Lamps are near time to replace as well. Given the 20" inch shrubs around the trees and then narrow area around the trees I am thinking in general some type of spots on approximate 20" posts to rise enough above the shrubs.

So I was thinking the volt products might be a good answer. So looking for initial guidance on components required and then getting a budget together.

Scope
    • Basic requirement is lighting large / narrow trees on both sides of our entrance. 6 total palm trees and 8 cypress trees. All trees narrow and about 40' tall. There are shrubs about 20" inches tall around most of these trees so a post to raise the spot lights above the low shrubs may be needed.
    • Thinking of 2 spot lights per tree to provide the up-lighting
    • There are some areas that can use some accent lighting but I am less concerned about those to begin with. Really trying to understand the right volt spot for these tall narrow trees
    Thank you!

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi. IMO, a photo or two of your scenario would enable posters here to offer you more meaningful suggestions.

3. Jono

Jono New Member

here are some picks to help.
    Do these spots make sense G4 Infiniti 60's for tall narrow trees (palms and Cypress)
    And All Star Spot lights for small palms and olive trees
    New lights discussion.png Existing overview.png

Mesodude2 likes this.