LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Deck Light Mounting

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jarrod, Jul 24, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Jarrod

Jarrod New Member

I just finished a rounded flagstone patio extension with fire pit in my backyard. I'm wanting to light the floor with very subtle lighting and inconspicuous fixtures. I was hoping to use something similar to a deck light that is very small that I could mount flush on the outer edge on the flagstone to project light outward toward the fire pit. Can the Volt deck lights be mounted this way or are they only meant to be mounted vertically and project light downward? I'm open to other suggestions as well. Thanks for your help!

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Although you can, in theory, mount them that way, the longevity would likely be compromised - we have not tested for that specifically and couldn't say for certain.

A popular choice for this type of application is one of our beacon style in-ground fixtures: such as the VOLT® Salty Dog MR16 Beacon In-Grade Light.

We offer a 2W LED MR16 as well if you desired more subtle illumination (150 lumens).

Mesodude2 likes this.