LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

can a volt expert please help?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by ingrid, Dec 3, 2020.

Share This Page

1. ingrid

ingrid New Member

I've posted a number of questions in the last 24 hrs and would really appreciate some help. I'm having difficulty finding clear information on each fixture, choosing the best ones.
    Please check out those threads.

Also, is there a way to connect string lights to the transformer??

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey ingrid,

Answers to forum questions may not always come immediately but, I do apologize for any miscommunications or lack thereof in your email exchange with us. I'd be happy to help answer any questions you have here on the forums, and you can even post pictures so I can give you the most accurate advice possible!

In regards to your question about bistro lights, they are 120V so, they are not designed to be hooked up to our transformer that outputs low-voltage (12V). These bistro lights will plug into your standard 120V GFCI outlet.

3. ingrid

ingrid New Member

I was asking about other vendors' low voltage strings.

Is there a problem adding different vendors' fixtures on a volt transformer?

Thank you Evan!

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

All of our transformers output 12 volts of AC (alternating current) and use a magnetic core so, as long as the manufacturer's fixtures are rated for that input voltage and type of transformer, they should operate as expected using one of our units.

You may need to contact the manufacturer directly to double-check the specs on those fixtures.