LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Bulb failing with a burn mark on bulb

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by John F, Sep 29, 2021.

Share This Page

1. John F

John F New Member

I have a fixture that is burning the case and causing bulbs to fail, this has happened 2X now in the same fixture. Voltage is good at 13.8 volts at the fixture, i have two fixtures connected at a hub. issue is only in one of the 2 fixtures. hub is about 10' from the fixture. any ideas on what is causing the issue with failing bulbs?
    thanks
    John

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming by "10' from the fixture" you mean that's the length of the cable. If that's the case, my working theory is that you may want to give yourself a little more length. Ten feet is a bare minimum and depending on you've wired the your system overall, it might not be enough to prevent a strain on the bulb in that fixture. Try replacing that cable with one that fifteen or twenty feet and see if that makes a difference.

3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

13.8 volts is definitely within the normal/safe input voltage range. It sounds like the fixture itself may be the issue unfortunately; considering you've used (2) different bulbs in it now.

I'd hate to tell you to test out a 3rd bulb just to experience the same result - a safer bet would be to give our live experts a call so we can pay to ship the item back in-house for an inspection. If it is something we ultimately can't repair, we'll send out a brand new fixture for you, lifetime warranty included.