LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Beginner Question

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Gaumless, Jun 17, 2024.

Share This Page

1. Gaumless

Gaumless New Member

Hello. I bought 4 path lights (2.5W ea.) and 2 up lights (4.5W ea.) for the front of a property. 6 lights in total. The farthest path light from the transformer will be roughly 11 feet and both up lights will be roughly 25ft from the transformer. Transformer I chose is 150w. There is a possibility of adding extra fixtures in the future.
    I wanted to hear some of your thoughts on using the volt pro junction box for this application. Also, do you think for length of wiring I’d need additional taps on the transformer. Fairly new to lighting installation so looking for any helpful information.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Hi there,

Our utility patented pro junction hub certainly helps simplify installation - it allows for making quick & easy wire connections at a single point of your choice. It also makes for easy expansion or troubleshooting in the future if needed. We'd typically recommend using fixtures with 25ft lead wires when trying to use a hub - shorter lead wires can make using a hub counterproductive, depending on fixture placement.

Regarding voltage and if you should increase, if 25ft is the maximum distance away from your transformer, the standard 12V tap would be ideal.