LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Are there any available low voltage motion control switches?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Engr07, Jun 4, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Engr07

Engr07 New Member

I'm in the process of planning lighting for our backyard. Ideally I would like for the lights to come on after dusk until a preset hour like the volt timer/photo cell combo. In addition I would like a motion sensor to trigger the lights to turn on. Is anyone familiar with a product/solution that accomplishes this?

2. Frank G.

Frank G. New Member

I don't see how it would work in conjunction with the volt photo/timer combo because once the timer kicks off power to the lights the motion sensors power would be cut too. Even if the motion sensor ran off an independent power source the lights would still lack power once the timer kicks off. You could possibly use two transformers? Both tied into the same wire runs but turned on/off by different timers. One transformer can have the timer/photo combo and then power to it kicks off at a certain time and then shortly after that the transformer with the motion sensor is now powered up and on standby until motion sensor is tripped. Obviously two transformers cannot power the same circuit but can two be used on the same circuit if only one is on at a time??? someone else would have to chime in on that..