LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

All-Star vs Costco Spotlight

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Nathan, Nov 21, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Nathan

Nathan New Member

My understanding is that the spotlight available at Costco most closely resembles the All-Star. From what I can tell the Costco light includes a riser. What else is different between these spotlights?

2. Eric1960

Eric1960 New Member

View attachment 1072 0B7EE1F3-1A23-49DF-8D7C-234F8DA49379.jpeg I purchased All-Star from what I can tell cosmetically

On Costco version The Male thread appears to be a pipe screwed into swivel portion of the swivel, on the All-Star the the males thread is machined into the swivel

On the All -Star the glare shroud screw is threaded on a boss casted in the shroud. Looks like the Costco version is tapped directly in the shroud

on the All-Star version the shroud has a flat spot at the top of the shroud and the edges are beveled, makes me think the shroud on Costco version is from tubing verses cast on the All Star.

The Costco add says it’s lifetime warranty, it’s Volt so it should be a quality product

View attachment 1072

Attached Files:

3. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Eric1960, thanks for the reply. Very good observations. I don't like the riser on the Costco light and I'd prefer a cast shroud but the Costco light includes the bulb and a 25 ft wire lead which makes it a good value. I'm looking at 20+ spotlights for my landscape and I can't decide.

4. Eric1960

Eric1960 New Member

Nathen, I still haven’t finished mine Waiting on bulbs that should be here this week. I’m still asking questions. it’s lifetime warranty, your risk should be minimum. Cosmetically you’ll never see it from the road during the day. A consideration is bulb color, degree of angle, and wattage, when you order from volt those are options you select