LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Adding light to pool wall

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by janis5151, Jul 13, 2020.

Share This Page

1. janis5151

janis5151 New Member

So I need the best way to add light to the pool wall in these pictures. I have up lighting for plants, however, you will see what is missing at night!! I need it to be in the ground in front of the pool (where the rocks are) and shine across to it. Wall is about 15-20 ft across and the area the lights will be is about 20-25 ft away. Maybe a multi-mount with 2 lights or just one? What lights should I get to throw that far?

Attached Files:

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Nice pool!

For low-voltage landscape lighting, it would likely be best to illuminate the wall from either the sides where the potted plants are at, or downlight from the top of the wall. A combination of the two could look great as well.

Low-voltage lighting is typically not rated for swimming or immersion so, if you desired illumination from below I'd recommend looking into traditional 120V pool lights.

Attached Files:

3. janis5151

janis5151 New Member

Can you make suggestions on what lights to use from both areas?

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Sure thing.

A compact MR11 or MR8 spotlight could provide beautiful illumination from either side within the pots while remaining mostly hidden to conceal the light source - a popular MR11 fixture is the All-Star™ Mini Spotlight , and the Spark Spotlight for an MR8 fixture. The MR8 option would be a much more subtle output.

Difficult to tell from the photo but, if there is potentially a lip at the top, you could consider mounting a compact LED Puck Light for subtle downlighting on the middle portion. But, this might be a little labor-intensive and truthfully the (2) spotlights on either side will likely provide plenty of balanced, subtle illumination for the entire wall.