LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

2W LED Directional G4 Bi-Pin in path light

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by fleers, Apr 8, 2019.

Share This Page

1. fleers

fleers New Member

Hi - I have a parasol path light with a 3W G4 2700K bulb placed ~10 ft. from a window where the light seen from inside is a bit much. The path being lit is on the opposite side of the light. Can I use the

VOLT® 2W LED Directional G4 Bi-Pin 2700K (15w Halogen Replacement)

bulb to help reduce the amount of light in the direction of the window? Changing from omni to directional, and reducing the wattage....?
    Will this bulb work in the path light and not cast a strange quality of light? I assume there will be some amount of light in the other direction, not totally dark, but it should be an improvement over the current situation if the bulb works in the fixture.

My other option was to go from the standard 3W to the standard 2W G4...

thanks!

Attached Files:

• omni.png
      omni.png
      File size:
      61.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey fleers,

Excellent question! After confirming that the directional bulb would indeed fit in a parasol path light, we tested the light output in our lab. In short, the quality of the light output was not ideal; more intense light with a sharp, noticeable cutoff is cast to one side while the other side is extremely faint. Although it's a viable option, I would recommend dropping down to the 2W G4 to preserve the same quality of output as your other lights.

3. fleers

fleers New Member

Thanks Evan, I appreciate you guys taking this into the lab and doing the hands-on test!

Evan K likes this.
  4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

It is our pleasure; we are always happy to help!