LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

150 watt Transformer Trips

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by William Dorsten, Mar 11, 2023.

Share This Page

1. William Dorsten

William Dorsten New Member

Is there a good way to solve why my 150 watt Transformer keeps tripping? Qty 6 6" Hardscape lights and Qty 1 PAR36 bulb light.
    The power line runs Qty 2 6" hardscapes - Qty 1 PAR36 build light - then the remaining Qty 4 6" hardscapes. I turn on the Transformer then Light 1 lights then the Transformer trips. I thought light 2 was the issue, but after disconnecting it from the line the Transformer still trips.
    Do I need to disconnect all lights one at a time and see? Should I be looking for a bad connection/wire or a bad light?
    The setup worked for 2-3 years with no issues.
    Thank you for any help.

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, William. Fellow lighting enthusiast. I can’t say why they suddenly wouldn’t work. Sometimes things that aren’t initially connected properly “work” —until they don’t. Not saying that’s your case, because I don’t have enough information. I don’t have a clear sense of how, your lights are connected. Are they individually connected to hubs or are they chained? A few things to consider. Do you remember changing anything at all before you started experiencing the issue? Have you carefully examined each fixture for possibly nicked wires, loose bulbs, or any signs of overheating? You may also want to reach out to customer service directly. I suspect they might want more of a bird’s eye perspective of your setup (how the transformer’s wired, connection types, gauge of your home run wires, distances, v connection type, etc) before they can offer you the most meaningful troubleshooting tips.