LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

12" Hardscape Lighting

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Ken DeRobertis, Aug 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Ken DeRobertis

Ken DeRobertis New Member

Would you think about producing your hardscape lighting using batteries, for those difficult situations for outdoors?

2. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you please describe your idea in more detail?

3. Ken DeRobertis

I recently had an inground pool installed with a 7ft seating wall up next to the pool. The seating wall is surrounded by pavers, so I didn't prewire for low voltage lighting. If I truly wanted the lighting I would need to go through a lot of effort to get that wire under the pavers and up through the seating wall. Your Volt 12" LED Hardscape Light would be a great way for me to get LED 2700K lighting without all the additional work.

Attached Files:

4. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

It's certainly possible to run our lights with 12V batteries, but don't know where you'd put them. Sorry to say, I have no easy solution. Lifting the tiles to create a channel may be easier than you expect - especially if you hire a hardscaper to do the work :).

5. Ken DeRobertis

You make, ill buy it, I have much investigated within Volt lighting within my home. You look up my account, you could see.

Also, my first purchase was the Infiniti 30's that our 3000K? The rest of my house backyard and sides are all 2700K. Any way I could warm up the colors to 2700K on the Infiniti's?

6. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Hi Ken,

Sorry, can't help you with battery supply.

Unfortunately, we don't have a correction filter to convert 3000K to 2700K. We do have a filter that goes in the other direction (3000K to 2700K) - that's our 1/2 Color Temperature Blue (CTB).