LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Troubleshooting a single pathway light that does not work

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by LSeanM, Oct 9, 2019.

Share This Page

1. LSeanM

LSeanM New Member

I just recently purchased a home with volt lightling already installed. I have very little information about the original install. Several of the pathway lights were not working originally but new bulbs fixed all of them but one. Please help with step by step info on troubleshooting this one light so I will know how to proceed. Thanks!!

2. Mesodude

Mesodude Member

Hi, LSeanM. There's several different ways your fixtures might be connected to your transformer (see diagram). If your fixtures’ wires are connected to hubs, you'll want to verify all wire connections at the hub are secure. If the fixture is at the end of a daisy chain of fixtures or at either end of a "T" (again, please refer to diagram), the connection from the non-functioning fixture to the adjoining fixture may have failed or been severed. If everything appears to be ok at the bulb socket (which is what I would check first), you'll need to verify that the wires from the fixture in question are securely connected to the home run wire (which leads to the transformer). If the light doesn't function after you've confirmed that wire connections are secure, the next step may be using a voltmeter to confirm that power is getting to that fixture. Others here may be able to offer additional troubleshooting advice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Evan K likes this.
  3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

To check the bulb & socket like @Mesodude said, just swap in a bulb from another fixture that you know is working. After having checked your wire connections and verified that the fixture is receiving power, this would indicate that the issues is with the fixture.

Mesodude likes this.
  4. LSeanM

LSeanM New Member

Thanks gentlemen....

Evan K and Mesodude like this.