LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting a small shrub, well or spot?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Eric, Mar 14, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I have a few small shrubs in front of the house that I want to lit. They are about 2' from the side of the house and also about 2' from the edge of the raised bed so my space is limited. Is it better to use an All Star spot light or a well light. Which one do you recommend? If well light, which one? The shrubs are about 3' in diameter.

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Eric,

A spotlight or a well light could be used for this application; both styles offer relatively compact designs and they offer the uplighting that you would need to illuminate the shrubs. It would really come down to personal preference which you wanted to use. A spotlight like the Allstar you mentioned is simple to install with a ground stake, offers easy adjustability for direct control of the light output, and could easily be adjusted as the shrubs may grow. A well light would take a little more effort for the in-ground install but, the results are just as beautiful and the fixtures are extremely low profile (essentially incognito when installed). With a fixture like The Articulator, you would also get adjustability of the light output thanks to the gimbal. For a lamp-ready style well light, I would suggest the Salty Dog.

3. Eric

Eric New Member

Thanks a lot Evan. I'm new to outdoor lighting and I'm in the process of designing the lighting for my house that will start some time in summer.

4. Evan K

Always a pleasure Eric!

Shoot us a message or phone call if you have any more questions.

Eric likes this.
  5. crr

crr New Member

The Articulator has a bulb that can be changed or not? TY

Evan K likes this.
  6. Evan K

Hey crr,

I responded to your main post!