LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Light Suggestions Using Round Wall Wash, Spot Lights or Combo

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Gregg, Jun 3, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Gregg

Gregg New Member

Would you recommend Spot Lights or something like the Cast Brass Round Wall Wash Lights for lighting those brick areas between the windows on the Left Side, Center and Right Side of the house ? Please note that the house is approximately 60ft wide. I have fairly large windows on the front of my house and I am not sure which style of lights would best light the brick areas surrounding the widows (without directly lighting the windows) as well as the brick areas above the windows. I would prefer to not have any lights mounted on the house. Thanks so much for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

To keep the illumination focused on & up the majority of the wall, I'd likely recommend spotlights - with MR16 style spotlights, you can customize from a variety of beam spreads and also adjust the glare guard and knuckle as needed to aim/adjust light as precise as needed. These spotlight fixtures would be mounted via ground stakes; they would not need to be attached to the exterior walls.

For the left & right sides, I'd likely recommend 38 or 60-degree beam spreads; either could really look beautiful. For the center, more narrow beam spreads would likely be ideal - either 15 or 38 degree.

Mesodude2 likes this.