LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Help with lighting plan

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jim P, Apr 26, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Jim P

Jim P New Member

Hello,

I am interested in some critique/suggestions for my home lighting plan. I have included a blank slate of the front elevation of my house and the proposed lighting plan. I was planning on using all Top Dog spotlights with the following bulbs (as shown in my plan):

A 2W @38 deg spread
    B 5W @ 15 deg spread
    C 5W @ 38 deg spread
    D 3W @ 60 deg spread
    E 2W @ 38 deg spread

All bulbs will be 2700K.

I am looking for a subtle look to enhance the facade of the house. My concerns are the following:
    1 Do I have the right number of fixtures (too many or not enough)?
    2 Are the wattage and beam angles sufficient?

Thank you for your time and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Jim P

Jim P New Member

Bringing this back up to see if anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Jim,

Overall, you have an excellent plan in place! Some basic recommendations -

I'd maybe recommend lowering the wattage on the columns ("B") - perhaps no brighter than 3W; 2W maybe more ideal to keep illumination focused on columns. The four 5W bulbs (B+C) currently marked for the front/front door area may be a bit overkill illumination wise.

I prefer more subtle illumination myself, so I'd likely go with 3W bulbs for "C" spots as well.

"D" could likely use 60 degree or 110 degree; both will likely look beautiful.

My only concern would be the four "A" lights being overkill illumination wise. Perhaps reposition to try and utilize only 2 fixtures if possible. If you preferred the balance of the four fixtures, definitely keep the wattages as low as possible.

4. Jim P

Jim P New Member

Thank you Evan! I will definitely take your thoughts into consideration. I also prefer a more subtle approach but I can't get the "more is better" approach out of my head!

I will definitely cut back on the number of fixtures and the wattage (That is why I posted because I was worried about that). I can always experiment a little. It is easier to add additional fixtures than to take them away. Thank you for your response