LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

digital timer is really needed for all Volt transformers

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jeff C, Jan 18, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Jeff C

Jeff C New Member

I bought two sets of packages from costco, that means two transformers. I set up one inside garage, the other one outdoor, the lights are super good quality, but the Volt timer only allows 2,4,6,8,10 hours control. It will be great if a digital timer is available, ideally wifi access and phone app to control time on and off as smart plug, this is the future Volt must consider to stay competitive.

In one of my transformer output wires heading to two hubs, I'd like one of the hub shut off differently in timing, as one hub is in front yard, can be allnight, the other hub in backyard, I'd like the light shut off after 9pm to be quiet time. so far I haven't found a solution. I just ordered a digital timer for low voltage wires, will experiment next a while, but the digital time requires battery installed for power supply which is inconvenient. will update after a few days how it goes..

2. G Spencer

G Spencer New Member

You should have no problem finding a switch you can control with your phone and alexa that cuts power to each transformer and is configurable via phone and can also be activated with Alexa, etc...

Evan K likes this.
  3. Jeff C

Jeff C New Member

yes putting a smart switch before transformer power will be good idea, though not solve my problem, as I prefer to a switch for one of DC wires coming out after transformer.

4. BucksCountyPanda

BucksCountyPanda New Member

Will a smart dimmer switch dim these lights?

5. skyward homes

skyward homes New Member