LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Please Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Share Your Landscape Lighting Projects' started by administrator, Feb 14, 2017.

Share This Page

1. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our Community Forum. We'd love to hear your story. Please introduce yourself.

Thanks!

Steve Parrott
    Forum Moderator

2. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Hi, my name is Steve Parrott, Communications Director at VOLT Lighting. My passion is the communication of all aspects of landscape lighting - the business, the technology and the artistry. I believe in the transformative nature of beautifully designed landscape lighting. I want quality lighting to spread across the nation, to be found in every neighborhood, and for homeowners everywhere to experience the tremendous benefits of landscape lighting.

I want to see landscape lighting professionals build strong and successful businesses so they can do work that they love. And, I want determined do-it-yourselfers to have access to our affordable high quality lights.

My love of lighting started in my teens with a passion for photography. Later, I went into lighting for stage productions and films; I did that work for about 10 years traveling the world lighting venues that ranged from tents in India to the Globe theater in Los Angeles.

From there I started working for landscape lighting manufacturers, applying my passion to the business, technology, and design of low voltage lighting. Writing articles, spreading the knowledge, and supporting the efforts of lighting amateurs and professionals - these are things that inspire me and make my work fulfilling.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
  3. StevieB

StevieB New Member

Hi - My name is Steve from southern Louisiana. I decided to install a landscape (both front and back yards - 36 fixtures) lighting system myself when I received several professional estimates, ranging from $5200 - $9400. I discovered Volt Lighting through Internet browsing and I'm grateful I did. The entire install cost was ~ $1700 - not including my cheap labor (took about 16 total working hours).
    I am thrilled with the results and have been thoroughly enjoying it since. All the Volt products I used are top quality and heavy duty.
    I hope to post some photos in the near future.

4. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Welcome to the forum, Steve. Can't wait to see the pics!

5. Steve in Texas

Steve in Texas New Member

I live in San Antonio and decided to tackle lighting for my backyard without any experience and not particularly handy. I knew if I was going to spend the time and effort I wanted fixtures that would last. So far so good! Backyard gave me confidence for front yard. All Volt stuff. Hardest part may have been digging under sidewalk in rocky soil. But that’s another story.

6. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Thanks for joining us. Did you find our video tutorial on digging under sidewalks?

7. Joe Noonan

Joe Noonan New Member

Hi, I just built a Pavilion in my back yard and started lighting it up with Volt. I'm more interested in starting up. I will be doing the wiring and lamp installation myself and hope to expand to lighting up the whole yard. I like your product and can't wait to see if it does the joe.

8. Ron48

Ron48 New Member

Hi, my name is Ron and live near the coast in southeast Texas. We live on a small lake and I've completed some major upgrade of our back yard; decks, stairs, retaining wall and swing. I did all the work myself. I'm ready to learn more about and install landscape lighting. I've decided on a 12 volt system. I'll be asking questions in the "Ask" section of the forum. I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

Evan K likes this.
  9. Joe Garrick

Joe Garrick New Member

I know this is really old, but maybe it might help someone new who comes along to find it. I've run PVC under sidewalks for both low voltage wiring and drip irrigation in my yard. For both, I started with an oversize length of PVC - big enough to put a garden hose in it. Pound it in a ways, then remove it and knock out any soil stuck in there (just give it a good whack - seriously). Shove it back in and then follow it with the garden hose with one of the old style nozzles on a hard spray setting. That'll soften the soil and flush dirt and small pebbles from the line. Repeat until you get through to the other side. When you're done, just cut the PVC to length, leave it in there and run your wiring or drip line through it. PVC is cheap and it's a lot easier to push a wire through a PVC pipe than through dirt.

Evan K likes this.
  10. Jeremiah Green

Jeremiah Green New Member

Hi my name is Jeremiah and we own Green Pro Services in Illinois. We have been offering holiday lighting for years and are looking to add landscape lighting as well.

Evan K likes this.