LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Uplights

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Anna, Jan 27, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Hello, im finishing up my yard project and it’s time for lights. I’ve chosen path/area lights but need some help with up lights. So many options! Which up light would you use to light up medium/small trees and Which kind to uplight a redwood tree. Here is my lighting layout.

Attached Files:

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Anna. It's hard to give meaningful recommendations without seeing photos of the actual scenario. I'm assuming your redwoods are forty feet or taller. If that's the case, your best bet would be the infinity series spotlights (see link that follows). The brightest one tops out at 800 lumens. https://www.voltlighting.com/shop/landscape-lighting/spotlights/integrated-led

Evan K likes this.
  3. Anna

Anna New Member

I tried loading a picture of the actual tree but got an error that the file is too large. I will take a look at your suggestion. Thank you!

Mesodude2 likes this.
  4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Meso hit the nail on the head as far as what to consider for extremely tall trees; the powerful output and control of the beam spread with the Infinti 60 G3 would be an ideal choice.

Here is the link to that fixture for you: https://www.voltlighting.com/infiniti-60-g3-brass-led-spotlight

For small/medium trees, you have a variety of options really including lamp-ready and integrated fixtures. If possible, try to take a screenshot of the image file itself open on your screen - the resolution may decrease but, any image really can help with more precise recommendations.