LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Blinking spot light

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by LSeanM, Jul 25, 2020.

Share This Page

1. LSeanM

LSeanM New Member

I have one LED spotlight in a series of lights that blinks/flickers on and off very quickly....faster than Christmas tree lights. The frequency of the blinking will change and on occasion, it will stop. All of the other lights in the series work normally. Any ideas about what could be going on? Thanks.

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

More info would be helpful. What have you already tried? Checked for a loose connection at that fixture? Checked for a loose bulb at the fixture? Replaced the bulb? Where is the fixture in the series? Is this a new bulb? You could also try calling VOLT directly for tech support.

Evan K likes this.
  3. Lumiscape

Lumiscape New Member

Since LEDs are amperage driven, a poor connection, or a partially cut wire, will show enough voltage - 12 or 14 volts - but not enough amperage and the light will flicker. That, and I have and a number of failures with the lamps, especially in the integrated fixtures.

4. LSeanM

LSeanM New Member

I'll check it out....Thanks!!

5. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I have same problem with one led light flashing ... have checked all connections including hub and control .... flashing in fast and consistent .... seems like bulb failure ??? bulb is GU4-35-27 ... part of a set purchased a year or so ago ... all other lights are working fine .... Any suggestions ????

6. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

With so many different factors like climate, weather, and usage it can be difficult to say what exactly caused a particular LED to fail. We design and test all of our products to rigorous standards which is why we are happy to honor our lifetime warranty if any issues arise.

If after testing and troubleshooting anyone here ultimately determines the issue they are having is not related to a wire connection or power (voltage/amperage), please give our customer a support a call directly so that we can quickly work to get you taken care of - 813-978-3700