LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

DrUncleIvy (Back yard)

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by DrUncleIvy, Jul 9, 2020.

Share This Page

1. DrUncleIvy

DrUncleIvy New Member

This is a 2 part request (front and backyard). In the front I have an existing kit (https://www.voltlighting.com/landscape-lighting-kits-complete/c/11) w a 100W transformer that came w my kit rather than the current 150W transformer in the current offering.
    I'm planning on reallocating the current 100W transformer to the backyard and getting a bigger one for the front.
    My current setup is in yellow.

What I'm thinking; spot lights in green (what type and angle?) and pathway lights in pink (wattage?).

upload_2020-7-9_20-5-27.png
    upload_2020-7-9_20-4-33.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

For the path lights, whereas the 2W or 3W would likely be ideal for your front yard, I'd recommend considering a 3W or 4W for the path lights around the patio. Overall the brighter options will provide more functional illumination for activities and safety.

For uplighting the palms, any one of our 12V Lamp-Ready LED Spotlights could really be used - the All-Star and Top-Dog spotlights are some of our top sellers and a popular budget-friendly option is the Fat Boy Spotlight. Those trees could be beautifully illuminated with either really - a 5W or 7W LED with a narrow 15-degree beam angle would be ideal for the LED bulb.