LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Replacing old light

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Aaron, Jan 27, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Aaron

Aaron New Member

i have 4 Infiniti 35 led lights in front of my house, and one has stopped working. Hooking the light directly to transformer to a void the underground wiring does not fix the issue, so I think I need to replace the light fixture since it’s an integrated light.

The issue is that the old fixtures were listed as 3000k, but the 30 and 40 models say they are 2700k. Will this difference be noticeable? And which model is considered the replacement for the 35 model?

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for testing your fixture directly at the transformer; it certainly helps with troubleshooting. From the sounds of it, the fixture may need to be inspected. Under the fixture's warranty, we will happily do this in-house and we will attempt to repair the light for you before moving to replace it. In the event that we are unable to repair it, we will replace the light with the latest model of the same version. As the Infiniti 35 is the mid-tier of its generation, the replacement would be the mid-tier of the current Infiniti generation. The newest models have shifted to offer 2700k as it is the most widely preferred for homeowners. The difference in color temperatures will be noticeable if the fixtures are in the same area of your yard. If you would rather not relocate the fixture, I would recommend considering using a color temperature adjustment lens for the one fixture.

3. Aaron

Aaron New Member

Is it possible to up the temp to 3000k via lens? Or would the other three need to be brought down?

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

It is indeed possible to convert the initial 2700k light to 3000k. One of our Dichroic Color Temperature Adjustment lenses will convert the warm white to a slightly cooler white. They are durable filters that are also quite easy to install. Here is the link to quickly locate them; Color Temperature Adjustment Lens. You would need the 3-inch size for your current fixture or the replacement fixture.