LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

What fixture(s) will be best?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by JACKSON, Nov 17, 2021.

Share This Page

1. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

I am looking to light this area. (see attached picture)

I have tried the Fat Boy Spotlight with the adjustable bulb and the 110 degree bulb but I am unable to light the area without putting the light in the grass. I need the light to stay in the mulched area. Open to any and all ideas.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Evan K likes this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Could you clarify what you're attempting to do? Are you trying to illuminate the mulch alone or are you trying to illuminate that entire mulched area including the shrubbery? If you mean the former, you could place one or more path lights inside that mulched area. That would highlight the mulch and the shorter shrubs. If you mean the latter, you could use one or more floodlight fixtures just inside the mulched area to illuminate all of the shrubs as well as the mulch. Happy to make more specific recommendations.

Evan K and JACKSON like this.
  3. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

I apologize I was a little vague. Ideally looking to illuminate the entire mulched area including the shrubbery but more specifically the 3 evergreens.

4. Mesodude2

IMO, your best bet would probably be the lamp ready Wide Splash or the Gentle Splash floodlight fixtures. Alternatively, if you have a clear idea of exactly how much light you want to fill that area, you could go with the integrated version of the Gentle Splash or the integrated Big Splash. HTH BTW, it looks like there is/was a flood light already there?

Evan K and JACKSON like this.
  5. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

Thank you again!

I had a flood light left over and not a VOLT one that I wasnt happy with, I couldnt get a wide enough area covered.

Evan K likes this.
  6. Mesodude2

Evan K likes this.