LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Pro Nano Connector

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by ingrid, Dec 3, 2020.

Share This Page

1. ingrid

ingrid New Member

I want to install deck lights on posts. Does the nano connector have any mountability? I'd like to screw this under a fence cross beam. There's no earth to hide the connection. Thanks.

2. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Active Member

Ingrid: Evan is the only Volt employee who responds to questions on this forum. I don’t think that is his only job so he doesn’t always answer queries within 24 hours. The rest of us are merely homeowners who share our experiences using Volt products. I have used the nano junctions, but mostly for direct burial connections. For above ground connections that can’t be hidden, I have enclosed the connectors inside waterproof, mini junctions boxes. I have also enclosed cable runs, especially along soffits, inside cable raceway kits that one can buy on-line or at Lowes and Home Depot. It’s more work and I admit it is overkill, but I found that to be more aesthetically pleasing than just anchoring saggy, bare cable to the soffit with plastic cable clips. Once the edges are caulked and the raceways painted, they look just like a piece of soffit trim. Hope this helps. Bob

Community Admin and Mesodude2 like this.
  3. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

I would only add a few comments to Robert Mason's great advice. First, with all due respect to Robert, once you've enclosed one of these connectors in a makeshift junction box, you've essentially created the equivalent of the Pro Junction hub (below) which does offer a surface mount option. Also (and forgive me for sounding like the hall monitor, Robert), if you decide to use that approach, just bear in mind that if you're using the product in a way it's not intended, there's the possibility of voiding your warranty if you encounter problems. These are direct burial connectors. It might be possible to use them above ground but I have wondered if they might be subject to failing (for example, if they're subject to above ground temperature extremes). Just saying, a good idea to check with customer service and be safe and not sorry. I'm usually pretty good with suggestions for hiding wiring connections and hubs, etc but I like to see a scenario clearly (so that I don't recommend something unsafe or that could void your warranty).

https://www.voltlighting.com/pro-junction-hub

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Community Admin likes this.
  4. ingrid

ingrid New Member

Thanks guys! I need to try calling customer service to see if I do better than i did with email...

I didn't realize there is a surface mount hub!

5. Community Admin

Community Admin Community Admin Staff Member

Our live reps are always happy to help ingrid - we can help you plan and purchase a system over the phone! (813) 978-3700

And for the best design tips from fellow forum browsers, I'd recommend always attaching photos to your forum posts!

Mesodude2 likes this.
  6. ingrid

ingrid New Member

Thanks Evan!!!