LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Ideas for lighting for retaining wall...Well lights?

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by pivotalrex, Aug 23, 2020.

Share This Page

1. pivotalrex

pivotalrex New Member

I'm working on uplighting for the second story and would also like to light the retaining wall. The issue is that I don't have even half an inch of lip on the caps for the wall so I'm not able to use the traditional hardscape lights here. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I was thinking 3 well lights spaced out evenly around the diameter. Not sure which ones to go with or if it will even work since there's a bit of a slope. Appreciate any insight you might have.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Mesodude2 likes this.
  2. Nightstalkerusmc

Nightstalkerusmc New Member

Beautiful home...wouldn't you remove the cap stones to install the hardscape lights? Doing so would enable you to shift the stones slightly forward to create the 1.25 inch lip to install the lights listed below. The back side would not be that visible and could be covered with your mulch. Or you can just opted to get a slightly larger cap stones to allow for a bigger overhang. Good luck
    https://www.voltlighting.com/landscape-lighting-12v-hardscape-fixture-undercover/p/VHS-668-BBZ

Evan K and Mesodude2 like this.
  3. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

My thought as well about hardscape light. Otherwise a small flood would be my second choice.

Evan K likes this.