LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Installing tower lights

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Chris F, Nov 8, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Chris F

Chris F New Member

With two stakes provided,what is the best way to install tower lights? Because of the precise placement it would be different than pathway lights that only require one stake to be driven in.

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Chris. According to the installation instructions, after you attach the stakes to the tower base, you mark the ground with the tips of the stakes. You then place a board on top of the base and pound the stakes into the ground. A couple things...First, if your soil is hard, you might first make a narrow tunnel for each stake by pounding in a piece of rebar where you marked the holes for the stakes. Also, I would be uncomfortable pounding the base into the ground with the fixture wire draped over the base (the way it appears to be in the installation diagram). As there should be a bit of a gap between the base and the ground, I would instead route the wire through the base after I pounded the stakes down to ground level. Hope this helps. https://cdn-tp2.mozu.com/17007-26268/cms/26268/files/is-VPL-1017-1018-ver2_1.pdf

Evan K likes this.