LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Seeking Advice - New Install

Discussion in 'Share Your Landscape Lighting Projects' started by BW85, Jun 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. BW85

BW85 New Member

Recently I did some homework and fell into the Volt kits, they are great. I purchase the costco kit and got some extras. It was simple to install and I believe it did a pretty nice job as it.

Being a novice I am seeking some feedback / opinion and ideas based on where I am at with the lighting of our home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really am looking at ideas for the second story, there is not much light there at all....Not sure what to do there. I can add about 7 lights to the current transformer which gives me some flexibility.

Curious on any ones thoughts on the side load garage, specifically the peak. I also did run a light to the tree in the middle of the frame after this photo was taken to light it up.

Appreciate ideas/ feedback

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Michael C likes this.
  2. Joe Garrick

Joe Garrick New Member

Seems like the only option for the second story would be to downlight from under the eaves, although there doesn't appear to be a lot of room behind the gutters. You could mount lights where the porch roof meets the wall and get the same uplight look as you have on the first floor, but there's no way to hide the fixtures and you'd of course have to drill into the masonry to mount them. If you look in the photo gallery there's at least one two story home where they did just that. The fixtures are visible, but it does look nice. I have no idea how they hid the wire runs, though.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Evan K likes this.
  3. Michael C

Michael C New Member

Great Job! What fixtures did you use on this?

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member