LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

New Profile Posts

1. Community Admin
    Community Admin MikeKaren
    If you need more help troubleshooting, please let me know! Or, if you ultimately determine what the issue is, be sure to call in to our support team so that we can quickly get you taken care of! (3/3)
  2. Community Admin
    Be sure to double check the wire connections on these lights, and check the voltage readings if possible (with your voltmeter set to AC for alternating current you should get anywhere from 11-15V). If the connections and voltage readings check out fine, I would then recommend swapping out a light bulb from a working fixture if possible to determine if it is either your light bulbs or the fixtures themselves. (2/3)
  3. Community Admin
    Hey Mike,

I'm sorry for any troubles that you may be experiencing with your system. I myself am more than happy to help troubleshoot or, you could also contact our customer support line directly if you would prefer to speak over the telephone.

If the lights which aren't working are all on the same wire run, it may be the result of a faulty connection, damaged wire, or a lack of power. (1/3)
  4. MikeKaren
    MikeKaren
    2 lights work, 6 don't. Same Transformer. What's up?
  5. Community Admin
    Community Admin Ryan Hutchinson
    Hey Ryan,

For runs up to 250-feet, we would recommend using 10-gauge (10/2). If you think you may exceed the 250 threshold, then we would recommend using (8/2). If trying to use 12/2 at that distance, you are likely to experience voltage loss on the run.
  6. Ryan Hutchinson
    Ryan Hutchinson
    Longest run of 12/2 wire from 300W transformer to last fixture will roughly be 250'. will this be too long of run?
  7. Community Admin
    Community Admin Steve Segadelli
    Hello Steve,

Given the standard Inside Diameter of 3/4" PVC conduit, you should indeed be able to fit two strands of 10/2 cable for running under your driveway.
  8. Steve Segadelli
    Steve Segadelli
    Can a 3/4" PVC pipe (under my driveway) accommodate two 10-2 wires for separate runs?
  9. Lumiscape
    Lumiscape KL Watt
    Yes, it's pretty easy. Get a single pole switch and a box from HD. Cut one of the wires and hook the ends up on either side of the switch. I put a bright downlight over a BBQ grill in an outdoor cabana. When dinner was ready the customer could turn off the light.
  10. KL Watt
    KL Watt
    Is it possible to install a switch between the transformer and lights for more specific control??
  11. Joe Noonan
    Joe Noonan
    Planning to light up a pavilion. It has redwood covered posts. Using up/down sconce but concerned wiring exposed. Any suggestions.
  12. Jason Miller
    Jason Miller
    Hello everyone New to the forums. My patio job has not started yet.
  13. William Freitag
    William Freitag
    I used the Volt filters on my Infiniti G series to add a holiday flair to my house. It literally took 10 minutes. Highly recommended
  14. Tony
    Tony
    Hi everyone. New to the forum and to low voltage lighting. Eager to learn before I mess up
  15. Sparrott4
    Sparrott4 Heatman
  16. hightechhelper
    hightechhelper
    I'm an engineer. I do precision guesswork based on questionable data from unreliable sources. Motto; "If I can't fix it... it isn't broken".
  17. Heatman
    Heatman
    So are Volt lights worth the money?
  18. Glen
    Glen
    Ready to design and install a lighting solution custom fit for you!
  19. Lorenzo